oven- baked potato wedges !

Alhamdulillah, it was my first time cooking ( sincerely ...) and I succeed ! :P

Haha. If you know me well, I was really phobia when it comes to cooking. It is not that I am not trying but every time I try, my delicacies would turn into something bad. Aishhh. That's why at age of 20, I still can't cook -_-'. I cooked but when my mom is not around and she would give the recipe and I just follow the steps but there would be something wrong with it. Tsk tsk tsk. :'(

So today, due to eid adha ( exhausted and getting bored with raya's food ), I attempted the recipe that was shared from dr halina's blog. Alhamdulillah my dad liked it ! I was really happy. He complimented and even asked me; ' is that all? ' . hehe.

( picture was taken from here)

the picture above was not mine but it looks exactly like the wedges i had made. 

So I also modified the recipe because I was just 'main hentam' too with the ingredients that I have 

Step 1 : Pre heat the oven 220c for 15-20 mins

Step 2 : Cut the potatoes into wedges or whatever shapes you want ( I used normal potatoes - 2 of them )
             - steam for 15 minutes ( until they became half soft) 

Step 3 : Slice few cloves of garlic and tumis them with olive oil ( olive oil kan sihat...) . Then you filter them, just take the oil. 

Step 4 : Get a bowl. Put the oil (that was fried with the garlic), black pepper, pinch of salt 
            Then you coated the steamed potatoes into the seasoning ( oil, black pepper,salt) and arranged them  on  the tray

Step 5 : Baked them in the oven at 220 c for 30 mins or until the potatoes turns brown. 

Step 6 : EAT ! :) the texture is crunchy at outside and it is really fluffy inside. That is the most highlight part ! My dad like it because it is fluffy. 

ps : for the seasoning, you can modify it. you can add oregano, garlic pepper etc etc. Just browse for the recipe and there are lots of them. I think the one that dr halina shared was the simplest. If you want to make it more fancy just add other ingredients for your seasoning. 

Selamat mencuba ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment